The city of Cape Girardeau’s telephone service has been interrupted due to last night's storms. Public information manager Nicolette Brennan said most of the city's phone numbers are not connecting callers to staff because of a lightning strike. Temporary lines have been set up as the city works to fix the problem.
Callers are asked to use the following numbers:
* To reach water/trash billing, development or council at City Hall, call 334-7228.
* To reach water/trash service, streets or sewer at Public Works, call 332-8073.
* To reach Parks & Recreation, call 335-1385. The line will ring more than eight times.
* To reach the police department for nonemergencies, call 335-6621.
* To reach the fire department for nonemergencies, call 334-6034.
For emergencies only, call 911.
Return to: Local News Blog