The Cape Girardeau Fire Department was busy at 10 o’clock last night fighting a flu fire at 2205 Cambridge Drive! Battalion Chief Mark Starnes said via news release that the home owner reporting heavy smoke from the fireplace area. Upon arrival nothing was showing from the exterior. They then found a fire in the wall between the basement and the first floor. It took three engines two-and-a-half hours to make an extensive overhaul to the area just to get to the fire! The home sustained moderate damage due to efforts to get to the fire. No one was injured.
Return to: Local News Blog