blank masthead
1
2
3
4

House fire on Sylvan Lane

Jun 13, 2013 -- 12:02pm

Southeast Missourian

Members of the Cape Girardeau Fire Department work to battle a blaze Wednesday at a house on the 600 block of Sylvan Lane. The fire was discovered in the basement by the occupants of the home. All three occupants were safely evacuated. Capt. Mike Allen, an investigator with the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, said the fire was deemed accidental and is thought to have been started by an electrical outlet in the home's basement. The room where the fire began was extensively damaged, and about 60 percent of the home also sustained smoke damage.

Return to: Local News Blog

Interact