blank masthead

A fire at a Cape home causes light damage

Oct 03, 2012 -- 9:58am


Four Cape Girardeau fire crews responded to a 911 call just after 8 o’clock last night. Battalion Chief Brad Dillow said via news release that when they arrived at 58 Rivercrest there was moderate smoke coming from the kitchen area. The fire was quickly brought under control and appeared to be caused by something left on the stove. No one was injured and all smoke alarms were operational. Dillow says the home sustained light smoke and fire damage. 

Return to: Local News Blog